Sunday, October 19, 2014

comment on Allan's piece by Diana Rossi

Because comments often go unseen, I like to repost them.

Thank you Allan, for your words here. And thank you to all the others. I appreciate your honesty, Allan, and for putting into words the drama that was the Art Institute.(I didn't know that I wasn't supposed to go to all those art openings in the McBean! ) I think that George was at SFAI in some kind of in between time when the Institution was still more human. And he was part of that --- helped make it that. Your details are illuminating and very important that they be told.

I want to express my condolences to George's family and his close friends. Thank you for sharing him with us. Some of his energy lives in all of us who knew him.

I am sorry that I can't join you today so I send thoughts across the Bay from Berkeley. I think that George was right about those nails that no one could see, Allan.

In Sadness.

Diana Rossi

No comments:

Post a Comment